Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday! Volume 1

I am going to start doing this once a week or so. I think getting healthy is a big part of being happy. My journey in weight loss is far from over, but I am making great progress. I am down 50lbs. I was actually down 70, but put a few back on. The majority of this weight loss happened in a 4 month period. As I continue to shed the extra Chimtot, I want to share the process with anyone who it might help, motivate or encourage. Let me start with a few pictures.


At my heaviest I was about 390 lbs.
I realized that I had a problem.
I needed to lose weight or die young.
I started losing by cutting out my
large consumption of Mountain Dew.
I started the HCG diet.
I was around 350 lbs at this moment.
I had good luck with this diet,
but I am not convinced that it is healthy.
The thinnest I have been in years.
This was about 320 lbs.
Still a long way to go, but better
than I remember.


So as of today's blog I weigh in at 340 lbs. I will check in here weekly until I hit 220. Please join me on this journey. If you don't have weight to lose, I'd love the support and encouragement that you can give me, and I will do the same fr you. 

The folks over at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ say that their users lose up to 3x more weight when they lose with friends! My username is Chimtot. Send me an invite, and we can track our success together!

8 comments:

  1. I'd like to drop about 25 lbs, so I'll be one of your weight loss buddies if you want...I'll send you the invite on myfitnesspal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man! I'm with you, and I'll be your fitnesspal too. I'm still working toward the Marathon in March 2013, but we need to go work out on the golf course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golf sounds perfect! I still have the marathon on my list... I have a long way to go though. Might end up joining you in 2014 if this year proves to be too much.

      Delete
  3. Great to read your post and see the transformation in your pictures - I'm hoping to lose a few pounds myself. HCG is a good kickstart but I agree it is not a long term solution.

    Good luck!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Good luck to you as well!

      Delete
  4. Go Chuck, Go!!!

    ReplyDelete