Wednesday, July 11, 2012

HCG Days 1 to 3: Rose Colored Glasses

I am blogging from my phone today. It is a little odd, and I am not sure it will work, but if it does it will be a nice easy way to do these daily diaries.

Today was day three of the HCG diet. For anyone who is not familiar with the diet, you are to gorge on high fat foods for days one and two. Day three is the first day of what is referred to as phase 2, or the VLCD (very low calorie diet). By very low calorie, I mean less than 500 calories. Yeah, it is rough.

The cool thing about day three is that I have stuffed myself so much over the last two days (phase one is all about eating high fat foods to the point you almost feel sick) that eating lighter feels so good!

We did not have any fruit in the house, so breakfast was 2 Total Zero Red Bulls. Energy drinks are not actually a part of the diet, but I rationalize that since coffee is allowed and they did not have energy drinks back in the day, they are a viable substitute. They help fight the headaches as well. I plan to cut them out and go to strictly water after the first week is over.

Lunch was a tomato and a can of Tyson chicken.

Dinner was a zucchini, one melba toast cracker and 100g of grilled chicken (about a third of a large breast).

As I type this post, Carley has gone to the store to buy some fruits for a snack later this evening. It will likely be an apple or a peach.

All in all it was a pleasant day. I am excited about losing weight again, and was not hungry until about 4:30. This was remedied as soon as I got home and ate. I know the tough days are coming, but I'm am feeling like this will be an easy and successful diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment