Friday, July 13, 2012

HCG Diet Day 5: I Hit the Wall

Today was tough. I stuck to the diet, but I could actually feel the effects of such sparse food intake today. On the drive to work I felt sluggish, and my reactions felt slow. By 10:15 I was hungry. I went to lunch at around 11:00 and actually ate my apple rather than saving it for an afternoon snack.

I drove across town back to my own office at about 1:00, and while I felt better and more responsive, I could tell my attention span was short. It was going to be a tough afternoon... especially since we make popcorn (one of my top 3 favorite snacks of all time) every Friday.

I managed to accomplish 90% of what I had put on my to-do list today, but it was mostly just due to will power and an encouraging visit from a coworker at about 3:30. She has done this diet as well, and reminded me that day 5 is usually the hardest.

On my way home Carley asked me to run a couple of errands. One of these errands included lugging around a 25 lb sack of chicken feed. I didn't mind, but it really pointed out the lack of energy I was feeling.

I returned home, ate dinner and laid on the couch for a few hours playing with the kids and talking to Carley. I am tired, and headed to bed. Before I go, I will share my menu for today. I am too pooped to type, so here is a copy-paste version. Fair warning, the formatting will probably be terrible :)


Breakfast Calories
Nuclear - Pomegranate Berry Energy Drink 40


Lunch
Tyson - Prem. Chunk Chicken 120
Fresh Raw - Tomato Large 33
Apple - Golden Delicious  80

233
Dinner
Angus Steak Burger  160
Green Beans  38
Melba Toast- Wheat, 1 piece 15

213
Snacks
Melba Snacks  15
Peach 1 large  68

83
 
Totals 569

No comments:

Post a Comment