Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday: 5 Reasons You Need a Weight Loss Support Team

Happy Wednesday (night... probably Thursday by the time I get this posted...) friends! I has been a crazy week here in my world! I have started a crazy new diet. You can read about it over the past week's worth of blog posts, except the weekend... I was too busy/lazy/sick to post this weekend. I have been sick for the past few days, but have mostly stuck to my diet. I lost 12 pounds this week! That is almost as much as I have lost since I started this blog!

Photo courtesy of http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/


The fact that I spent a few days being sick leads me right into what I want to talk to you about this week. While I was sick, I received some amazing support from my family and friends, including my beautiful and amazing wife, Carley. It really made me think about how important the people around you are when you set a goal like losing weight. Here are the top 5 things that my weight loss support team have done for me:


  1. They remind you why you want to lose weight - I did a whole post a few weeks ago on why it is so important to know WHY you want to lose weight. For me, the people who I consider to be my support team - my wife, my kids, my friends and coworker - are the reason I want to drop some extra Chimtot. It is easy to remember Why you want to lose weight when you look at the every day.
  2. They keep you accountable - This is what I love about www.myfitnesspal.com (remember, my username is Chimtot - add me!) and writing this blog each week. You guys, who have become an amazing part of my support team, keep me honest. I know if I go eat half a pizza I have to tell you about it. or I can not tell you about it, but then I don't lose any weight and people get all indignant about the fat guy with the weight loss blog who never loses any weight. And yes, I actually did get that email... it always makes me nervous when the internet gives people complete anonymity. They say crazy things for no other purpose than for the lulz.
  3. They motivate you - This may be one of my favorite things about writing this blog. I get to hear your stories! You all do some amazing things! I have a friend who is training hard for a marathon. I love to hear about his runs. I have another friend who is killing it with weight watchers. He looks great! You guys remind me that we can do this!
  4. They help you when you have a tough day - My wife and kids were amazing while I was sick this week. They helped me get my food ready. They hugged me and told me they were proud of me, and that they loved me. They took what could have been a really tough weekend, and made it into one I will always remember for the love and support they showed. 
  5. They celebrate your success with you - The person who is the most excited in the world that I am losing weight or as he puts it, my numbers are going down, is my four year old son. Every morning he asks me what my numbers are and gives me a high five. Even if I gain a pound or two he does this. He may not have a real grasp on numbers yet... but he sure likes high fives! I got a message from another friend of mine this week congratulating me on my progress. It felt so good to celebrate with someone else!

Tell me about your weight loss support team. What have they done for you? Leave me a comment below or email me Chimtot@gmail.com. Let me be a part of your weight loss support team!

No comments:

Post a Comment